Dog Friendly Restaurants & Stores in Metro Phoenix
Can you make a day of it with your dog?
First, it all depends on the weather. Don’t even think about taking your dog out on a hot day but if it’s a beautiful Arizona day, then there are increasingly more places you can go with your little Fido.
If you are planning to take your dog out on the town, it’s always a good idea to doublecheck on the establishments’ policies. Also, bring along a leash, treats for good behavior and some poop bags just in case.
We’re constantly updating our list. Let us know if you find another great dog-friendly place. Or Facebook us!
(places with patios are going to be your best bet for canine companionship)
- BLD: 1920 W. Germann Road
- Dos Gringos: 1361 N. Alma School Road
- El Palacio Restaurant and Cantina: 2950 E. Germann Road
- Iguana Mack’s: 1371 N. Alma School Road
- San Tan Brewery: 8 S. San Marcos Place
- Uncle Bear’s Bar and Grill: locations in Mesa, Chandler, Ahwatukee and Surprise favorite!
- Phil’s Filling Station Grill 16852 E. Parkview
- Joe’s Farm Grill: 3000 E. Ray Road
- Joe’s Real BBQ: 301 N. Gilbert Road
- Liberty Market: 230 n. Gilbert Road
- Postino: 302 N. Gilbert Road
- Cucina Tagliani:17045 N. 59th Ave.
- Haus Murphy’s: 5739 W. Glendale Ave.
- Kiss the Cook: 4915 W. Glendale Ave.
- Papa Ed’s Ice Cream: 7146 N. 59th Ave.
- Taps: 76 N. Old Litchfield Road
- Inside the Bungalow: 48 N. Robson
- The Cutting Board: 2235 S. Power Road
- The Monastery: 4810 E. McKellips
- 5 and Diner, 7541 W. Bell Road new!
- Blu Burger: 9828 W Northern Ave. Suite #1705
- Lakeside Bar and Grill: 9980 W. Happy Valley Road.
- Salty Senorita: 8011 W. Paradise Lane
- Angel’s Trumpet: 810 N. 2nd St.
- AZ Pops: 5050 N. 7th St.
- 32 Shea: 10626 N. 32nd St.
- 5th Ave Café: 501 W. Thomas
- Aunt Chilada’s: 7330 N. Dreamy Draw Drive
- Breadcrafters: 12635 N Tatum Blvd.
- Cibo: 603 N. 5th Ave.
- Chestnut: 4350 E. Camelback Road
- Duck and Decanter: 1651 E Camelback Road
- Hopdoddy: 2033 E. Camelback Road new!
- Hula’s Modern Tiki: 4700 N. Central Ave.
- Humble Pie: 2333 N 7th St
- Joe’s Midnight Run: 6101 N. 7th St.
- Joyride Taco House: 5202 N. Central Ave.
- Kitchen 56: 3433 N. 56th St.
- La Grande Orange: 4410 N. 40th St.
- Los Dos Molinos 1044 E. Camelback St.
- Modern Grove: 15530 N. Tatum Blvd.
- O.H.S.O. eatery and nanobrewery, 4900 E. Indian School Road.
- Ollie Vaughn’s: 1526 E. McDowell Road
- Original Hamburger Works 2801 N. 15th Ave.
- Oven + Vine 14 W. Vernon
- Phoenix Public Market Café 14 E. Pierce St
- Postino: (two locations in Phoenix)
- Rock Bottom Brewery: 14205 S. 50th St.
- Shake Shack 100 E. Camelback Road very dog friendly!
- Sip Coffee Beer Garage: 3620 E. Indian School Road
- Sonic (throughout metro Phoenix)
- Spoke and Wheel: 8525 N Central Ave.
- Sylvia’s La Canasta: 5504 N. 7th Ave.
- The Farm at South Mountain: 6106 S. 32nd St.
- The Garage: 1524 E. Bethany Home
- The Main Ingredient Ale House & Cafe: 2337 N. 7th St.
- Timo on Central: 8801 N. Central Ave.
- Tranquilo: 401 W. Clarendon Ave.
- True Food Kitchen: 2502 E. Camelback
- Zinburger: 2502 E. Camelback Road
- 5th and Wine
- AZ 88 : 7553 Scottsdale Mall
- Blue Moose: 7373 E. Scottsdale Mall
- Brat Haus: 3622 N. Scottsdale
- Cafe ZuZu (at the Valley Ho): 6850 E. Main St.
- Clancy’s: 4432 N. Miller
- D’lish: 2613 N. Scottsdale Road
- Dos Gringos: 4209 N. Craftsmen Court
- Dottie’s True Blue Cafe: 4151 N. Marshall Way
- Duke’s Sports Bar: 7607 E. McDowell
- Echo Coffee: 2902 N 68th St, Ste. 135
- Grape 23335 N. Scottsdale Road new!
- Grazie: 6952 E. Main
- JJ’s Deli: 23425 N. Scottsdale —gives treats!
- Kelly’s at Southbridge: 7117 E. 6th Ave.
- Lush Burger: 18251 E. Pima new!
- Morning Squeeze: 4233 N. Scottsdale Road
- New York Bagels and Bialys: 10320 N. Scottsdale Road
- Nimbus Brewing Company: 7001 N. Scottsdale Road
- Old Town Tavern: 7320 E. Scottsdale Mall
- Olive & Ivy Restaurant & Marketplace (ask for the free doggie bone): 7135 E. Camelback Road
- Patties: 7220 E. First Ave.
- Pinnacle Peak General Store: 8711 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
- Praying Monk: 7217 E. First St.
- Rehab Burger Therapy: 7210 E. 2nd St. Scottsdale
- RnR Patio: 3737 N. Scottsdale Road
- Saguaro Hotel (and their restaurant) 4000 N. Drinkwater Blvd.
- Salty Senorita: 3636 N. Scottsdale Road
- Shake Shack 7014 E. Camelback Road very dog friendly!
- Stax (prefers smaller dogs): 4400 N. Scottsdale Road
- the Herb Box: two Scottsdale locations
- Veneto Trattoria: 6137 N. Scottsdale Road
- W Hotel (which is nice because they can come inside): 7277 E. Camelback
- Aloha Yogurt, 219 E. Baseline Road
- Casey Moore’s Oyster House: 850 S. Ash Ave.
- D’lish: 1135 E. Apache Blvd.
- Devil’s Advocate: 955 E. University Drive
- Rula Bula 401 S. Mill Ave.
- Salut 1435 E. University Drive
- U.S. Egg 131 E. Baseline Road
On the Road
- Rock Springs Café — Black Canyon Highway/1-17
There are some locations such as grocery stores and larger chain stores that are not going to let your pooch accompany you. And there are a lot of urban legends out there as far as which stores will allow you. Possibly the best course of action is to play it by ear: call ahead and ask or bring your well-behaved, leashed dog to the store and see what happens (it wouldn’t hurt for you to be charming as well). Just make sure to bring along Plan B if you get the bum’s rush.
Here are some establishments that will welcome (or at the very least tolerate) your dog:
- Antique Gatherings 3601 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix
- Bards Books: (aka The Bookshop): 6018 N 16th St. Phoenix
- Bark Avenue Pet Supply: 3109 E McKellips Road Mesa
- Biltmore Fashion Park (certain stores leave out water dishes) 2502 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- Bookman’s (locations in Phoenix and Mesa)
- Changing Hands Bookstore: Locations in Phoenix and Tempe
- Crate and Barrel (two locations in Scottsdale) dog must be carried
- Discount Tires (Valleywide locations)
- Half Price Books (Valleywide locations)
- Hi-Tech Car Care: 2924 E Thomas Road
- Home Depot (Valleywide locations)
- Masterwerks Tire & Auto has a dog (Milo) on staff 21824 N. 19th Ave.
- Merchants Square 1509 N. Arizona Ave., Chandler new!
- Noble Beast Natural Market for Pets 1005 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- Old Navy
- Pawsitive Foods at Greenway: 1908 W. Greenway Road, Phoenix
- PetSmart (Valleywide locations)
- PetCo (Valleywide locations)
- Pink House Boutique: 7009 N 58th Ave., Glendale
- Practical Art: 5070 N. Central Ave., Phoenix
- Ryan’s Pet Supplies 1805 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix
- Shoppers’ Supply (Chandler and Apache Junction)
- Spike’s Treats: 12645 N Saguaro Blvd.,Fountain Hills
- Sports Authority 1625 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- Staples (Valleywide locations)
- Urban Outfitters (Valleywide locations)
- Wag n’ Wash: 4230 N. 7th Ave., Phoenix
- Light rail (“pets’’ are allowed in carriers but drivers are not allowed to ask for identification or papers of your ‘service’’ dog.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport: allows dogs if they are leashed.