Dog Friendly Restaurants & Stores in Metro Phoenix
Can we take the dog? Sure, you can — we’ve got a ever-growing list of dog friendly restaurants and stores.
But first, check the weather and please don’t even think about taking your dog out on a hot day but if it’s a beautiful Arizona day, then there are increasingly more places you can go with your little Fido.
If you are planning to take your dog out on the town, it’s always a good idea to doublecheck on the establishments’ policies. Also, bring along a leash, treats for good behavior and some poop bags just in case.
Last updated: Aug. 8, 2020. Let us know if you find another great dog-friendly place. Or Facebook us!
Dog friendly Restaurants in Metro Phoenix
(places with patios are going to be your best bet for canine companionship)
- BLD: 1920 W. Germann Road
- Dos Gringos: 1361 N. Alma School Road
- El Palacio Restaurant and Cantina: 2950 E. Germann Road
- San Tan Brewery: 8 S. San Marcos Place
- Uncle Bear’s Bar and Grill: locations in Mesa, Chandler, Ahwatukee and Surprise favorite!
- Phil’s Filling Station Grill 16852 E. Parkview
- Joe’s Farm Grill: 3000 E. Ray Road
- Joe’s Real BBQ: 301 N. Gilbert Road
- Liberty Market: 230 n. Gilbert Road
- Postino: 302 N. Gilbert Road
- Cucina Tagliani:17045 N. 59th Ave.
- Haus Murphy’s: 5739 W. Glendale Ave.
- Kiss the Cook: 4915 W. Glendale Ave.
- Papa Ed’s Ice Cream: 7146 N. 59th Ave.
- Taps: 76 N. Old Litchfield Road
- The Cutting Board: 2235 S. Power Road
- Blu Burger: 9828 W Northern Ave. Suite #1705
- CHAR Pizzeria Napoletana: 25101 N. Lake Pleasant Parkway new!
- Lakeside Bar and Grill: 9980 W. Happy Valley Road
- Peoria Artisan Brewery & Gastropub: 10144 N. Lake Pleasant Parkway #1130
- 32 Shea: 10626 N. 32nd St.
- 5th Ave Café: 501 W. Thomas
- Angel’s Trumpet: 810 N. 2nd St.
- Aunt Chilada’s: 7330 N. Dreamy Draw Drive
- AZ Pops: 5050 N. 7th St.
- Breadcrafters: 12635 N Tatum Blvd.
- Cibo: 603 N. 5th Ave.
- Chestnut: 4350 E. Camelback Road
- D’Lite Healthy on the Go: various locations
- Duck and Decanter: 1651 E Camelback Road
- Elly’s Brunch and Café 110 E. Camelback Road
- Fame Caffe: 4700 N. Central Ave.
- Flower Child: Phoenix and Scottsdale locations
- Hopdoddy: 2033 E. Camelback Road
- Hula’s Modern Tiki: 5114 N. 7th St.
- Humble Pie: 2333 N 7th S
- Joyride Taco House: 5202 N. Central Ave.
- La Grande Orange: 4410 N. 40th St.
- Los Dos Molinos 1044 E. Camelback St.
- O.H.S.O. eatery and nanobrewery, 4900 E. Indian School Road
- Ollie Vaughn’s: 1526 E. McDowell Road
- Original Hamburger Works 2801 N. 15th Ave.
- Otro Café: 6035 N. 7th St.
- Oven + Vine 14 W. Vernon
- Phoenix Public Market Café 14 E. Pierce St.
- Pomelo: 7100 N. 12th. St.
- Postino: (two locations in Phoenix)
- Provision Coffee: 4501 N. 32nd St. new!
- Rott n’ Grapes Wine & Beer Bar: 4750 N. Central Ave.
- Shake Shack 100 E. Camelback Road very dog friendly!
- Sip Coffee Beer Garage: 3620 E. Indian School Road
- Sonic (throughout metro Phoenix)
- Spoke and Wheel: 8525 N Central Ave.
- The Farm at South Mountain: 6106 S. 32nd St.
- The Main Ingredient Ale House & Cafe: 2337 N. 7th St.
- Timo on Central: 8801 N. Central Ave.
- True Food Kitchen: 2502 E. Camelback
- Zinburger: 2502 E. Camelback Road
- 5th and Wine
- AZ 88 : 7553 Scottsdale Mall
- Blue Moose: 7373 E. Scottsdale Mall
- Cafe ZuZu (at the Valley Ho): 6850 E. Main St.
- Carlson’s Creek Vineyard: 4142 N. Marshall Way new!
- Clancy’s: 4432 N. Miller
- Diego Pops: 4338 N. Scottsdale Road new!
- D’lish: 2613 N. Scottsdale Road
- Duke’s Sports Bar: 7607 E. McDowell
- Echo Coffee: 2902 N 68th St, Ste. 135
- Hula’s Modern Tiki: 7213 E. First Ave.
- JJ’s Deli: 23425 N. Scottsdale —gives treats!
- Morning Squeeze: 4233 N. Scottsdale Road
- New York Bagels and Bialys: 8876 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
- Olive & Ivy Restaurant & Marketplace (ask for the free doggie bone): 7135 E. Camelback Road
- Patties: 7220 E. First Ave.
- Pinnacle Peak General Store: 8711 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
- Rehab Burger Therapy: 7210 E. 2nd St. Scottsdale
- RnR Patio: 3737 N. Scottsdale Road
- Salty Senorita: 3636 N. Scottsdale Road
- Shake Shack 7014 E. Camelback Road very dog friendly!
- Veneto Trattoria: 6137 N. Scottsdale Road
- W Hotel (which is nice because they can come inside): 7277 E. Camelback
- Aloha Yogurt, 219 E. Baseline Road
- Casey Moore’s Oyster House: 850 S. Ash Ave.
- Devil’s Advocate: 955 E. University Drive
- Pier 54: 5394 S. Lakeshore Drive
- Rula Bula 401 S. Mill Ave.
- Salut 1435 E. University Drive
- Spokes on Southern: 1470 E.Southern Ave.
- U.S. Egg 131 E. Baseline Road
On the Road
- Rock Springs Café — Black Canyon Highway/1-17
Dog Friendly Stores in Metro Phoenix
There are some locations such as grocery stores and larger chain stores that are not going to let your pooch accompany you. And there are a lot of urban legends out there as far as which stores will allow you. Possibly the best course of action is to play it by ear: call ahead and ask or bring your well-behaved, leashed dog to the store and see what happens (it wouldn’t hurt for you to be charming as well). Just make sure to bring along Plan B if you get the bum’s rush.
Here are some establishments that will welcome (or at the very least tolerate) your dog:
- Antique Gatherings 3601 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix
- Bark Avenue Pet Supply: 3109 E McKellips Road Mesa
- Biltmore Fashion Park (certain stores leave out water dishes) 2502 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- Bookman’s (locations in Phoenix and Mesa)
- Brokers Hub Realty: 100 W. Portland, Phoenix
- Changing Hands Bookstore: Locations in Phoenix and Tempe
- Crate and Barrel (two locations in Scottsdale) dog must be carried
- Discount Tires (Valleywide locations)
- Half Price Books (Valleywide locations)
- Hi-Tech Car Care: 2924 E. Thomas Road
- Home Depot (Valleywide locations)
- Macy’s: 2502 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- Masterwerks Tire & Auto has a dog (Milo) on staff 21824 N. 19th Ave.
- Merchants Square 1509 N. Arizona Ave., Chandler new!
- Noble Beast Natural Market for Pets 1005 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- Old Navy
- Orvis: 2011 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- Pawsitive Foods at Greenway: 1908 W. Greenway Road, Phoenix
- PetSmart (Valleywide locations)
- PetCo (Valleywide locations)
- Pink House Boutique: 7009 N 58th Ave., Glendale
- Practical Art: 5070 N. Central Ave., Phoenix
- Ryan’s Pet Supplies 1805 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix
- Shoppers’ Supply (Chandler and Apache Junction)
- Spike’s Treats: 12645 N Saguaro Blvd.,Fountain Hills
- Southwest Gardener: 300 W. Camelback, Phoenix
- Staples (Valleywide locations)
- Tempe Marketplace 2000 E. Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe new!
- Tractor Supply Store (various locations)
- Urban Outfitters (Valleywide locations)
- Wag n’ Wash: 4230 N. 7th Ave., Phoenix
- Light rail (“pets’’ are allowed in carriers but drivers are not allowed to ask for identification or papers of your ‘service’’ dog.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport: allows dogs if they are leashed.