Welcome Back Fall!
Night temps are dipping into the 70s and we don’t need a portable AC unit every morning when we walk the dog. It’s fall in Phoenix!
Or as close as we are going to get.
To celebrate the end of summer, here’s a little pumpkin-treat recipe for your poochie. Pumpkin in moderate amount is a good for dogs. It’s a terrific source of fiber and that can help keep your canine fit and trim.
Looking for a bone-shaped cookie cutter? Shop local and check out our friends at ABC Cake Decorating Supplies on Indian School Road and 28th Street in Phoenix
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats
Recipe snagged from Allrecipes.com
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ c canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes
Makes about 25 treats